Hurricane Irma practiced on the Florida coast. A direct blow to the state could cause tens of billions of dollars of damage and affect cruise companies in the orange freight sector.
Facebook Inc. (NASDAQ: FB) has found several hundred false advertisements published in Russian interests and possibly related to 2016 elections.
T-Mobile US Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) will be offered by Netflix Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) for subscribers free of charge for wireless service. This is an example of the weakness of the efforts of wireless companies to steer competition in saturated US markets. Efforts have also become expensive for carriers, pressure margins.
Toys “R” We can proclaim Chapter 11, according to the New York Times
The dealer is one of the largest in the US and has been the dominant power in the toy industry since the late 1950s.
Federal Bank President Stanley Fischer will withdraw, giving Trump the opportunity to model the Central Bank’s composition.
International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE: IBM) promised $ 240 million to fund artificial intelligence at MIT.
According to CNBC:
- IBM announced on Wednesday that it will invest $ 240 million in opening a Watson Artificial Intelligence Laboratory in collaboration with Massachusetts Institute of Technology, a long-time partner.
- IBM has in the past made greater financial commitments. However, the amount of money is remarkable in the world of AI research.
- MIT is not a stranger to this area: the university is in one of the first AI laboratories and is still considered a workplace in that sector.
- And MIT is also used to work with IBM.
- In 1950, Big Blue worked on a computer for the anti-aircraft defence system with the Lincoln MIT laboratory, and in the 1980s, IBM.
- Research and MIT were an integral part of superconductivity consulting.